- 1kg pumpkin leafs washed and cut into tiny pieces
- 500g waterleaves washed and cut into tiny pieces
- 600g meat – beef, kpomo (cowhide), shaki (tripe) and dry fish, washed properly
- 1 cup of palm oil
- 1 cup of periwinkle
- Pepper, salt and ground crayfish, to taste
- 2 medium onions, diced
- Stock cubes, to taste
- Cut the cowhide or kpomo into small pieces. Cook with the beef, dry fish, diced onions and stock cubes. Throughout this recipe, use as little water as possible to avoid ending with a watery soup.
- When the meat is tender, add palm oil, crayfish and pepper. Boil for about 10 minutes.
- Add the periwinkle and waterleaves and leave to cook for another five minutes.
- Add the pumpkin leaves and salt.
- Stir the soup properly and turn off the heat. Cover the pot and leave to stand for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with staple food of your choice